PERFORMANCE MINDSET PROGRAM
The sweaty palms, the dry mouth, rapid heart beat, panicked thoughts.
Your confidence has plummeted, your fears are through the roof and your only thought is when all eyes will no longer be on you.
You know you have more to offer and that you can do better but you just can’t seem to get a grip on your nerves and emotions.
Your dream of executing excellence now feels like a failure and you’re left puzzled about why all those hours of preparation haven’t paid off.
You’re not alone.
Whether you’re an entertainer or speaker stepping on stage, an athlete proving yourself at tryouts, a business person giving a presentation, or in an interview for an important job- in one way or another, we’ve all experienced a little bit of “stage fright” or “performance anxiety.”
Performance anxiety manifests into two outcomes: it either causes you to publicly fail, or you publicly succeed and it causes you to feel like a failure underneath.
How can performance anxiety be DETRIMENTAL to your HEALTH?
Your daily lifestyle habits directly affect how well you are able to manage stress and anxiety on and off “the stage”.
It’s natural to get butterflies before performing, but when the opportunities you’ve worked hard for are sabotaged, it’s no longer casual nervousness but an anxiety that has grown out of control. This not only decreases the quality of your performance, but also lowers your ability to be confident and happy in life.
When anxiety is unmanageable for long enough, it turns into “chronic stress” that can manifest into constant negative mental patterns, imbalanced emotions, and physical sickness.
Once your health is compromised in any way, it will always transfer into compromising all other important areas of your life.
It’s important then, to not only apply healthy tools which manage anxiety at the time of performing, but also in every day life.
What is the “Performance Mindset Program”?
“When your physical, mental and emotional health are optimal, it will leave you no choice but to kick ass when you walk out to perform!”
The manifestation of your physical reality begins with the thoughts in your mind. Thus, a major focus of the Performance Mindset Program is to improve your mindset around performing, which will then improve the quality of your actual performances and leadership abilities.
This one-on-one, online coaching program, targets the sources of your fears and teaches you practical, simple strategies to manage and adjust them.
Over the span of 5 weeks, we will customize your daily lifestyle habits through practises of guided meditations, mindfulness, breathing techniques, writing exercises, and mindset strategies to help you achieve the long-lasting success and quality of life you deserve.
Upon completion of this program you will have the skill set needed to be a confident, impactful influencer whether you’re onstage performing a rock ballad or at the front of a boardroom leading a sales pitch.
Performance Mindset Process
The first step is to help you find self awareness to acknowledge thoughts, fears, emotional reactions and physical habits that may be interfering with your ability to perform at your best.
Secondly it will be to help you find acceptance for past failures and current setbacks, in order to best manage fear of future failures and build up the self confidence needed to step in the spotlight again.
Lastly, the Program helps you find the best variety of adjustment strategies, to promote positive, long-lasting lifestyle habits that transform you into the most courageous and resilient performer you can possibly be.
What you’ll learn:
- meditation, mindfulness & breathing
- writing exercises to cultivate positive emotion and personal discovery
- how to gain self awareness and emotional balance
- how to create new, lasting, positive lifestyle habits that support improved performance mindset, ability, quality and presence
- the science of how the nervous system and the brain work under stress
- tools to control the body’s physiological response to fear
- strategies on how to let go of perfectionism, bring out your authenticity and be impervious to critics
- resilience to failure and courage to keep going
- how to be more confident leading, presenting and performing to an audience
What’s included in the program?
- one individual intake assessment + one-on-one consultation to establish a baseline and goals for the program
- 5 Key Educational Modules based on “What we’ll learn” subjects listed above. (Each module will be delivered via email with instructions.)
- 5 PDF e-books
- daily/weekly journaling guide
- customized adjustment strategies
- easy chart for creating lasting lifestyle habits
- anxiety management and stage prep resources (including breathing exercises, guided meditations, lifestyle guidelines and journalling exercises)
- 4 follow up coaching phone calls
- 5 weeks of ongoing email support
- the best herbs for the nerves
- 24 hour performance prep check list
- lifetime access to the Performance Mindset Program support network
Who is it for?
- Someone who desires to gain more happiness, self confidence and self awareness
- Someone invested in improving the quality of their craft and their life
- Someone interested in the science behind fear & stress and who desires to learn fear management
- Someone who is sick of leaving their success up to fate and who is committed to taking control of their lifestyle habits
- Someone who is willing to let go of of perfectionism and unafraid to be authentic
- Someone who is willing to be courageous
Who is it not for?
- Someone who doesn’t value positive change
- Someone who is afraid of stepping outside their comfort zone
- Someone who has been diagnosed with a social phobia or serious mental illness (I encourage you to reach out to me for further discussion before committing)
- Someone who is not willing to address their fears and mental blockages
How was the Performance Mindset Program created?
The hybrid of techniques used in this Program are derived from Janey Brown’s 10 year background of leading hundreds of individuals and groups though fitness and yoga classes, 17 years of practising meditation, 20 years experience of public performances and the triumph of her very own stage fright.
Read Janey’s full performance story: JaneyBrownStory
Read Janey’s full music bio: JaneyBrownMusic
Read Janey’s full wellness bio: JaneyBrownLifestyle
Next start date Monday Sep 25, running until Mon Oct 30. [5 Week Program]
Sign up today to guarantee your spot!
Early Bird 10% discount: $497
* * * * *
What is performance anxiety?
It’s a fear or phobia caused by the anticipation of a performance, on camera or live, performing to a crowd size for as little as one person to thousands of people.
It can arise months before, moments before and during the performance.
It’s a problem that affects you both on and off “the stage”.
* * * * *
How can unmanaged performance anxiety hold us back?
- freeze or get flustered during presentations/ performances
- forget lines/ lyrics/ message
- appear insecure and unprofessional
- sabotage important opportunities
- become more afraid of taking future risks
- become less resilient to failure
- lose self confidence
- adopt poor coping mechanisms/ lifestyle habits
- feel like a fraud/ failure
- become depressed and anxious
* * * * *
Who gets performance anxiety?
Whether you’re completely new to being in front of an audience or have 20 years experience, we are all prone to performance anxiety under a variety of circumstances.
The most obvious people affected are singers, actors, comedians, dancers, speakers, athletes, educational leaders and teachers. However, it can also affect the confidence of less obvious types of people such as business executives, sales professionals, politicians, interviewees, employees speaking to superiors and students giving speeches/ presentations at school.
It can even effect those trying to impress someone on a date or inhibit their courage to ask for a date in the first place. The list goes on…
Performance anxiety can truly affect any type of person at any time.
* * * * *
What causes performance anxiety?
- feelings of unworthiness or not being good enough
- fear of being criticized or judged
- feeling underprepared
- trauma of past failures
- lack of self awareness
- lack of self acceptance/ confidence
- lack of strategies and tools to control fear
- poor lifestyle habits
- social anxiety or social phobia
* * * * *
Do I need to be “good” at performing or perform professionally to join this program?
No! You do not need to be a “good” performer or even be in the entertainment industry to take this program.
This program is for absolutely ANYONE looking to improve their confidence, leadership abilities, authenticity and presence in front of others.
All you need is the desire to perform your best in all aspects of your life.
Regardless of your intentions, at the end of this program you will gain more awareness, confidence and self respect which can offer boundless amounts of joy, peace, health and passion in your life, regardless of your job.
* * * * *
I’m a regular performer but still get debilitating stage fright, am I in the wrong field?
While some people seemingly have a ‘natural ability’ to get up in front of others and crush it, it doesn’t mean the ones who aren’t naturals shouldn’t be in the field they’re in.
Just because you have stage fright doesn’t mean you’re not on the right path, it just means you need to look a little closer at yourself and target the root of your fears so you have the power to control them.
Even “naturals” have fears and some of the best performers in the world have had to work really hard at managing their stage fright.
The self- awareness this program offers, helps you to discover whether you truly need a drastic life change or are just lacking some simple stress management tools to help you manage your performance fears.
* * * * *
I have a really busy life, will I still be able to participate in this program?
Absolutely! Each of the 5 modules takes roughly 30 minutes to watch or read through. You have 2 weeks to get through each module.
The time you spend on journaling, meditation exercises and breath work, etc., will be up to what you’re willing to commit to, but certainly do not need to be heavily time consuming day to day.
I will also do my best to lock down your ideal time frame for the initial consultation and weekly follow up sessions.
* * * * *
Will I have extra costs after purchasing the program?
No. Any opinions I give on herbs, supplements, equipment, or external tools to help you succeed will be entirely your choice to purchase or not.
* * * * *
Read the APPLAUSE Janey’s been getting about her coaching.